Learning is a continuous process and we learn from our life which consists of ups and downs. We learn from our experience and our mistakes which plays drastic role in shaping our personality and our future. Life is full of startling moments and frankly speaking, this moment teaches us a lot. Be it good or bad, meets our expectations or not, those moments plays a significant role in life. What we read in our academics and what we learn from our work experience are crucial indeed but one should be ready to unlearn few things. Confused? What it means is, one should also try not to learn what he is willing to learn and on the other side, one should also unlearn which he had already learnt. Unlearning means, to discard something from your memory which you learnt previously. Let us see few things which one should try to unlearn:
- Bad Habits: We learn many habits in our life easily and whether to continue with those habits is a choice. Habits can be good and bad and it’s better to unlearn the bad habits and keep the good habits. Again, one should also unlearn the habit of willing to learn the bad things. Put it simply, if one is willing to learnt some bad habits, he should unlearn his habit of learning bad habits.
- Overconfidence: Confidence is required and necessary in our life but overconfidence can be dangerous. Being confident enough is good but one should not be overconfident as it leads to opposite results sometimes. Hence, it’s better to unlearn being overconfident.
- Unrealistic: Be realistic in nature and set your standards as per your convenience. Simply stated, be pragmatic and unlearn being unrealistic.
- Pretending; This is one of the most important things many possess which should be unlearned. Many people have the habit of pretending themselves to be smart in many aspects, be it academics or in day to life. In fact, many will indulge unnecessarily and start their knowledge sharing without being requested. Also, many people have the habit of late sitting in office pretending themselves to be very occupied with work. Many also do late sitting in order to get attention from their superiors. What they do by late sitting is a question mark. No doubt, if it is required sometimes late sitting should be done depending on the nature and complexity and emergency of work. But doing late sitting just to show-case is not correct. “Late sitting should not be considered as virtue.” There are several other aspects of pretending or show-casing which should be unlearned. Be natural in your work and behavior.
- Claiming to be Omniscient: Here comes one more interesting thing which requires attention. Many people have the habit of claiming themselves to be omniscient, meaning they know everything. These people are so well self-motivated and self-proclaimed that they think what they are saying is always correct and no one knows more than what he knows. This is where ego and attitude starts growing and ultimately it reaches a stage where self-proclaimed omniscient person doesn’t considers and listens to others as what he thinks is only right. These people find difficult to get respected. Nobody is perfect in this world and hence, unlearn claiming to be omniscient.
- Critic: It’s better not to criticize on everything and every time. Criticize only if it is requires and that too in a constructive manner. Criticism should never be made a habit and hence, unlearn being a critic. I have already discussed in my previous article titled, Unnecessary Criticism and hence will keep it short.
Learning is very important and in my opinion learning to unlearn few things is also important. There can be many other aspects of unlearning apart from what I have shared as the above list is not exhaustive. There might be one question in your mind and that is, which one is difficult; learn or learn to unlearn? The answer to this question is difficult and it is subjective. However, with my little experience, I think unlearning is difficult than learning or learning to unlearn is difficult. What is your take on unlearning and which one is more difficult? Do share your views. 🙂 🙂
– Ashish Kumar
Recently my blog crossed 1000 followers and I am really surprised to know the same. When I started sharing my writings here, I have never thought of continuing for long but the overwhelming response and motivation from all of you had kept me going. 🤗😄
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your love and support which is the biggest gift for a writer. I am not that much active on blogging but have always tried to write whatever comes in my mind and share among you all. Your views and motivation are very important and I hope you all will continue to shower your blessings on me. 😃 Thanks a lot for reading, liking and sharing your views which keeps me going and I hope to write much more in coming future… 🤗😄🙏 Stay tuned and thanks a million for this… Have a nice day. God bless you all with lots of love and happiness… 🤗😊🙂
– Ashish Kumar
Writing is an art. When a writer pens down his creativity with the use of magical words, a new literary piece is born. It takes immense effort to write, from beginning to the end. What to write and how to present it? It happens several times when you thought of writing something chosen but came up writing on something else. Isn’t it??? Even though when you come up writing something else which you didn’t thought of doing so and when the end result is satisfying, it is again a new creation. This happened with me several times. I think to write something specific and come out of writing something else.
Writing gives me satisfaction and I am sure it gives satisfaction to all who writes. But what happens when the writers are unable to write for some time or the thinking ability slows down for a while. The situation where writers are unable to produce their literary pieces is what we call the “writer’s block”. It is the situation where the author loses the ability to produce new work or experiences a creative slowdown. This is quite natural and happens with every writer. It gives the writer to take rest from writing for a while and come back with refreshing new literary pieces. Going forward, refreshment does play a role when one comes back. As the mind is ready, devoted and the best part is, one writes from his heart.
As it is said, when you write keep the heart and the soul intact in your literary work, then only readers will get the real fragrance and taste of your writing. Don’t let the “heart and soul” missing in your work. Writer’s block is a way to revive yourself, think little different and come up with a new genre. For example, if someone is writing mostly on romanticism, he may come up writing on social issues etc. I think the writer’s block gives a chance to think differently, try different genre and also present in different way. I have been away from writing several times. In blogging world, I was silent for about six months too due to my studies and other personal stuffs but was always happy to come back. I avoid forceful writing. Whenever I have something in my mind, I try to present to all of you. Writer’s block is not a misfortune. There might me several reasons making writers to go in the writer’s block, from personal to professional etc. But there is always a chance for come back. So, what is your take on writer’s block? Have you ever been in the writer’s block? Do share your views and experience…
– Ashish Kumar
Poetry is an art and when you pen down your emotions, feelings and experience with words which can be related to the readers, you become an artist. Writers write in different genre and each has its own style and taste. This blog post is about one of my blogger friend who gave me a chance to go through his debut book titled, “An Ode to Life” containing his collection of poems. My friend Tajammul Kothari is the author of this book and it takes me immense pleasure to write the review for his debut book. I would also like to express my apologies to him as I am writing this book review post after one half years of publication as I was quite involved with my studies and other aspects. Apologies for the same Tajammul. The writer is available at his blog titled Worldly Realization. Kindly visit his blog for his beautiful work.
For all poem lovers including me, this book, An Ode to Life is a gem and is a collection of poems that highlights the different stages in the journey of life. Life has many layers and this book contains several poems depicting different stages of life. The writer has even written a thank you poem titled “A Big Thank you” to all the readers which is a lovely read and I really liked this. The book contains beautiful literary pieces with simple words and in a lucid manner. I firmly believe the one who read will definitely find it worth. The book contains poems of various genres like inspirational, romantic, sad etc. The writer in depth can be seen from an extract of his poem ,“The Road” which says:
A long winding road called life
In each and every turn there is a surprise
Bright paths to guide you aright or
Dark alleys that hinder your sight
The book also contains romantic poems. I became really impressed the way he has expressed love in one of his poem titled “Love is to Stay” which says:
You can pierce a dagger deep inside
And break this feeble heart of mine
You can kill me with your words unkind
But you can’t murder the love
The sentence “You can’t murder love” is more than enough to say what love is. This is amazing and you will find many such kind of poems with beautiful stanzas in his book and I am sure you will love it. Poetry has its own taste and this book is really worth to read.
The book is available at following:
I would like to congratulate him for getting his work published and also like to thank him for giving me an opportunity to go through his literary pieces and I hope he will continue to offer the readers with his beautiful work in future as well in the form of his writing.
– Ashish Kumar